Thursday 5 March 2009

Birthday Chicken



Last Thursday was my birthday, so I decided as a treat to cook my birthday dinner at my parents house, this way we could enjoy lashings of pink fizz and nibbles (quails eggs & celery salt, jumbo prawns with lemon mayonnaise and pickled anchovies with garlic - all my faves!) whilst dinner cooked leisurely in the oven and we gossipped away enjoying the evening.


After the almost success of the Slow Baked Rabbit with Chorizo & Mushrooms I plumped for cooking a chicken in the same rich chorizo, sherry and tomato sauce. Let me just say it was resounding success which everyone enjoyed. We quartered a free range chicken, pan fried till the skin was golden then whacked it all into the oven for 2 hrs as per the recipe Here. Served with roasted potato cubes and green beans - yum.


The following day Hubby and I tootled off to Conwy for the weekend at the Castle Hotel some great deals to be had for dinner bed and breakfast, lovely food, lovely staff, lovely setting we will certainly go back, if not for their Smoked Haddock & Chorizo risotto with soft poached egg, then definitely for their Mussels in cream and white wine with pesto crostini - bar food but utterly delicious especially with a decadent glass of Mumm Champagne - well it was my birthday after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.