Tuesday 6 January 2015

Cauliflower Risotto




OK, its been an absolute age since I last posted, but New Year brings new renewed resolution to eat better, more varied recipes and note them down in my blog - yadda, yadda, yadda, heard it all before I know, but lets see if I can cajole myself out of the boring lets eat the same menus week in week out that I have been on the past year and get motivated to loose that extra 14lb that will finally bring me to my goal weight.

I started off with this snazzy little recipe filched from Pinterest here.  I had tried cauliflower rice with limited success previously, but I can tell you this one really does hit the mark, with tasty, filling and easy to do.

Cauliflower Risotto
Serves 2 7 PP per serving

Half a head of cauliflower - zizzed up in a food processor
2 handfuls spinach
1 can cannellini beans or butter beans
150ml vegetable stock
1 medium onion - finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs sun dried tomatoes
1 tbs capers
1 sprig fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
1 tbs oil

Heat oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and thyme, sauté until translucent.
Place half the can of beans into the pot along with the stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
Using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
Add the zizzed cauliflower, sundried tomatoes, spinach and remainder of beans to the pan.  Cover and heat through for 5 minutes.
Toss in the capers and season before serving.

Honestly you barely know that you are not actually eating risotto rice, the cauliflower has a little bite to it and the thyme adds such a lovely flavour and the capers a little zing.  I served this dish with a pan fried chicken breast sliced over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.