Friday 23 January 2015

Smoked Haddock Frittata





Oh my, I don't know why I never thought of adding fish to a favourite of mine - Frittata before. I needed Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals to put this idea in my brain and I am so pleased that it did because it turned out splendidly.

Smoked Haddock Frittata
Serves 2 Approx 8 points per serving

150g Smoked Haddock, un-dyed, natural smoked is best
4 large eggs
3 medium spring onions, chopped
big handful of frozen peas
small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
5g grated Parmesan

Poach the very gently in water with bay leaves and peppercorns for a couple of minutes, remove from the water and cool enough so you can peel off the skin - discard and flake the flesh.

Beat the eggs, add the peas and onions then pour into a frying pan with a little oil heated in the bottom.  tip in the haddock and cook for a minute or two, grate over the Parmesan then whack it under the grill for about 5 minutes until the egg is set and the cheese turns golden.

Utterly simple, light and refreshing. I served with salad for a light supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.